So you say you don't have time to look at all the stuff I have posted here?
You don't have time to read my entire autobiography? Or perhaps you just want a quick idea about
who the creator behind Rick's Studio is? I think you can tell alot about
people from their hobbies and interests, so I present here a short list of
biographical information, followed by a "favorites" list detailing some of my
If you have any ideas for other questions of general interest, let me know
and I'll try my best to answer them and add them to the list.
Return to Top
- Richard Bryan Hines, but most people call me "Rick."
- May 22, 1959, Chicago, Illinois. This makes me a Gemini, with the
twins symbol. As a true divided Gemini, I find myself living half my
life as a logical engineer, the other half as an intuitive artist (not
that I actually believe that stuff, mind you!).
- Current Residence
- Lemon Grove, California, U.S.A.
- Professional Occupation
- Structural Engineering. Currently working as an
architectural designer and CAD supervisor.
- Life Calling
- Artist. I may make my money doing engineering, but I live
and breathe art all the rest of the time. I live a very art-filled
Bohemian lifestyle, collecting music, attending art shows and concerts,
and creating the art and music you will find here at Rick's Studio.
- Snider High School, Ft. Wayne, Indiana
- Fine Art Major, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- Architectural Engineering Major, Purdue University, W. Lafayette, Indiana
- Hobbies Beside the Obvious
- Collecting music
- Attending concerts
- Watching TV and movies
- Hiking, camping, and backpacking
- Hanging out with my cat, Cali
Return to Top
- Favorite Color
- Black. As an artist, I try not to be biased against colors since
each color has its own time to be used. However, I have found that
people seem to prefer black attire when attending arts functions, and
as a full-time artist, I have adopted that color for my full-time
wardrobe. Rarely will you see me wear anything else except at the gym.
- Favorite Visual Artists
- Ansel Adams
- Francis Bacon
- Salvador Dali
- Roger Dean
- Pablo Picasso
- Robert Raushenberg
- Andy Warhol
- Favorite Musicians/Bands
- I used to have a long list of artists listed here, but the fact is, I love so many different kinds of music that enumerating them all really doesn't narrow things down much. I love rock, jazz, r&b/funk, reggae, pop, folk, some country, and modern classical. Not a big fan of opera. I'll leave it at that.
- Favorite Movies
- Being John Malkovich, directed by Spike Jonze.
- A Clockwork Orange, directed by Stanley Kubrick.
- 8½, directed by Federico Fellini.
- The Kids Are Alright, directed by Jeff Stein.
- Powaqqatsi, directed by Godfrey Reggio.
- 2001: A Space Odyssey, directed by Stanley Kubrick.
- Favorite Books
- Again, Dangerous Visions, edited by Harlan Ellison
- Breakfast of Champions, by Kurt Vonnegut
- Careless Love and Last Train to Memphis, by Peter Guralnick
- Dhalgren, by Samuel R. Delany
- The Foundation Series, by Isaac Asimov
- The Fountainhead, by Ayn Rand
- Great Expectations, by Charles Dickens
- Infinite Jest, by David Foster Wallace
- Milestones, by Jack Chambers
- War and Peace, by Leo Tolstoy
- Favorite TV Shows
- As with the Favorite Musicians/Bands list above, I used to have a long list of television shows here. As a modern human being, I tend to watch a fair bit of television, and my favorite shows tend to come-and-go. Dramas, comedies, mini-series, broadcast, cable, old classics, new ground-breakers, etc. Where to even begin?
- Favorite Sports
- Disc golf
- Green Bay Packers NFL Football
All work displayed on this page © 2007 Rick Hines.
Material may not be used without the artist's written permission.